Monday, February 17, 2014

my roses blossom the whole year around













(tights: target, velvet skirt: handmade, everything else is vintage)

   I believe that the Nelson Aktin's Museum of Art is by far one the best places in Kansas City. I go here often, not just because it is five minutes away from my apartment or that the admission is free of charge, but because the museum has such a vast collection of art there is a piece for every mood. Usually though, I am feeling early American or European, the occasional modern art mood as well. I stopped here with a friend on Saturday, and mainly stuck to my favorites. Also, the courtyard dining area is by far my new favorite view. 
   I decided to bring my giant mink fur (I believe mink?)  coat out for this day, because the rest of the week is looking to be in the high 40's/50's... I guess Spring is arriving sooner than I had hoped. I also found this pair of low-top Doc Marten's at my favorite thrift store outlet for only a dollar, so I have been wearing them around in the snow this past week. Also this past week was my birthday, for which my mom baked me the richest cupcakes in the world full of cookie dough. They are so filling that I can hardly eat a whole one in one sitting... although I did have two yesterday, but I'm not counting. 

7 comments:

  1. wow gorgeous photographs!
    Hope you're having a great time :D

    www.violetdaffodils.blogspot.co.uk
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Art museums are always the best way to go, :)

    Lovely outfit as usual, dear. You look so darling in neutral colors. I must admit, it does make me quite jealous.

    love,
    a

    www.missdecaf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. love your coat...is just perfect
    xoxo
    happy day

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great place to spend the day! I envy you! I think I need to visit Kansas City so I can go to the museum. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like a really nice place to visit! Who's the giant shuttlecock by?! It's amazing! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always take the most lovely photos

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hahaha, the giant shuttlecock and the cookie-dough cupcakes are my faves.

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...