Monday, October 28, 2013

made at home: kale muenster quiche




Kale Muenster Quiche 
  • 4 cups of chopped kale
  • 2 diced red potatoes 
  • 3/4 cup of diced muenster
  • 2 cloves of chopped garlic
  • 5 eggs
  • 1 chopped onion
  • 1 cup milk
  • 1 pie crust (recipe I use here)

  After pie crust is prepped, place in the freezer until ready for use. Saute the potatoes, garlic, onion, and kale. Press the vegetables  besides the kale, firmly with a paper towel to remove excess oil. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk, then fold in the cheese. Place the vegetables in the bottom of the pie crust, then pour the liquid mixture over them. Bake at 375 degrees for 45 minutes.  




  Oh, the joys of baking with eggs (I didn't believe that would have come out of my mouth anytime soon in my life). My desserts taste richer, my breakfast keeps me full, and quiche's have developed into one of my new favorite things. This is my first quiche ever, which the delightfulness of this recipe surprised me because I have slim to none experience with eggs. 
  Although eggs are the main experience in this dish, I added a large amount kale to make this a wholesome quiche. Try this for a breakfast treat, a slice for an afternoon snack, or even for those late night "in need of staying awake to study" eats. Trust the newly dairy eater here, it's one to make.

11 comments:

  1. I love quiches :) Your blog is lovely by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmh, this looks delicious. I think I might try this soon myself. Although I don't have a clue how quiches are supposed to taste, because they are not really common where I am from - so it will be a little gambling, hihi :-)

    Thanks for sharing!
    Saperlotte

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds amazing! My friend, Elle, is vegan, but decided to start eating eggs again a few months ago and our world of delicious breakfast foods busted right open! It was amazing. Glad to hear you're enjoying baking with eggs and dairy again!

    -Becca
    Ladyface Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah, yes breakfast foods become available again when you start eating eggs! it's really like stepping into a whole new world when you start baking with these ingredients again. oh, and I just popped an idea into my head I'm going to send you an email about in a second!

      Delete
  4. it looks so delicious yay <3
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love quiche! and baking with eggs <3.. this one looks particularly good~ I've never tried one with kale, I always play it safe and use spinach or broccoli as my main green, but maybe I'll have to give it a go now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this reciepe sounds so yummy! :)
    And your blog is so lovely. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lately I've been in the "cooking" mood! I may have to try this!
    Xo, Emma

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks delicious. I think eggs are one of the most versatile ingredients ever and making it into a quiche is one of the best things ever.

    Abi
    aka The Belated Bloomer

    ReplyDelete
  9. kale has been a staple in my life lately - definitely need to make this! thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

thank you for leaving a message! i always love reading your comments. i will try my best to answer any questions asked, but feel free to contact me via email (hellomrrabbitblog@gmail.com) for inquiries or more questions/comments. have a great day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...